Personal information includes information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not. For example, it may include your name, age, gender, address and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card and bank account details.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you will depend on the nature of your relationship with us. We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone number, email address and other contact details);
- your personal details (e.g. date of birth, sex, financial details and employment details);
- your business or company details (e.g. business or company name, address, telephone number, email address, ACN, ABN, TFN, and accreditation and licence, insurance and financial details);
- your credit card and bank account details;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries;
- additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; and
- other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your relationship with us.
We will provide you with the opportunity to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym in your dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (e.g. when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not practicable for us to interact with you anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect personal information about you, you may be unable to utilise our services or participate in the events, programs and activities we manage and deliver.
How do we collect your personal information?
We can collect your personal information either directly from you or from third parties. We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- you or your representative provide us with your personal information through our website, on the telephone or in person;
- it is provided to us by a third party who is authorised to provide it to us;
- you communicate with us by mail, email, telephone or messaging services, or you share information with us through third party social applications, services or websites; or
- you interact with us via our website or marketing communications, engage us to provide a service, attend one of our events or visit one of our locations.
In addition, when you apply for a job with us we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks), from recruitment consultants, your previous employers and others who may be able to assist us in deciding on whether to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract. However, this Policy does not apply to employee records of our current and former employees, which are exempt from the Act.
Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and your experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by or on behalf of our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests and other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to consider your application for a job; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. The information may be combined in order for either the third party or us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and our business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail and other forms of communication. You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt out facilities provided with our direct marketing communications or by contacting us using the details provided below.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information for the purposes described in this Policy to:
- our employees and related entities;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers responsible for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers, and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing and potential agents, business partners and partners;
- our sponsors and the promoters of any competition that we conduct;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal information outside Australia
As our operations are based in Australia, it is unlikely that your personal information will be disclosed to overseas recipients.
Unless we have your consent, or an exception under the APPs applies, we will only disclose your personal information to overseas recipients where we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APPs in relation to your personal information.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
Securing your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We will endeavour to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In doing so, we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we restrict access to our electronic and hard copy files to authorised personnel and use industry-standard encryption to secure access to our electronic files. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
If we suspect that an unauthorised party has gained access to your personal information, we will undertake an assessment of the suspected breach in a timely manner. Where we ascertain that a breach has actually occurred, we will notify you and where required by law, will also notify the Privacy Commissioner.
When possible, we will securely destroy or de-identify personal information which we no longer require.
Links to third-party websites
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not be current or maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those websites, and have no control over or rights in those websites. The privacy policies that apply to those other websites may differ substantially from our Policy, so you should read them before using those websites.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You are entitled to access to the personal information we hold about you. To request access to your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided below.
You will not be charged for making a request, but you may be charged for the reasonable time and expenses we incur in compiling information in response to your request.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can help us to do this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in information which we hold about you and by letting us know if your personal details change.
If you consider any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you can ask us to correct the information. After receiving a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct your information.
We may decline your request to access or correct your personal information in certain circumstances set out in the APPs. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision.
Making a complaint
You may contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or about the way in which your personal information has been handled by us.
You can make a complaint about the way in which your personal information has been handled by us to our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided below. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you within a reasonable period of time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or you consider that we have breached the APPs or the Act, you can also complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (‘OAIC’).
We may amend this Policy from time to time, with or without notice to you. We recommend that you visit our website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
For further information about this Policy or our practices, or to access or correct your personal information or make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For alternative methods of contacting us, please visit the Contact us page on our website.